The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) gives the opportunity to the provinces and territories in Canada to select applicants who wish to immigrate to Canada and who are interested in working and living in a particular province.
The Provincial Nominee Program is for applicants who:
- Have an active Express Entry profile
- have the education, skills, work experience and in general ability to contribute to the economic growth of one of the provinces or territories in Canada
- wish to live in that specific province
- wish to finally get a Canadian permanent residency
Each province and territory has its own specific “streams” and each stream has its own requirements. In these streams, provinces and territories may target:
- semi-skilled workers
- business people
- skilled workers
To apply for the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) you must:
- Apply to a province or territory for a nomination,
- Be nominated by that province or territory, then
- Apply to CIC to become a permanent resident.
Under a PNP Express Entry stream, you will need to complete an Express Entry profile and show that you meet the minimum CRS score for Express Entry Program.
As each province’s PNP differs, please visit their respective websites for more detailed information. The first step to being selected by a province in Canada is to create an Express Entry profile. Many of our clients did not have enough points to get an Invitation to Apply ITA from IRCC but they created an Express Entry profile and one of the provinces in Canada has given them PNP approval and any applicant in the pool of Express Entry who receive PNP will be granted 600 extra points toward their profile and they are guaranteed their Permanent residency to Canada. We are aware that finding a particular Canadian immigration pathway that suits your criteria may be challenging, so alternatively, if you would like specialized advice on which province is most appropriate for your specific immigration needs, please contact us today for a free consultation!
More information about each province’s PNP:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island