What is Canada visa for visitors?
Canada visa visitors is an authorization issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for individuals who wish to visit Canada from other countries Every year more than 35 million visitors from other countries come to Canada to enjoy the beautiful nature, cultural diversity and assess their ultimate opportunities in future in a very strong economy with high growth.
Do I need a tourist visa to travel to Canada?
All visitors including those who want to visit Canada or transit through Canada, need to obtain a Temporary Resident Permit or Visitor visa to enter Canada except those who have a passport from a Visa-exempt country.
What can I do as a tourist in Canada?
This temporary resident permit allows visitors to come and stay for a short time in Canada. During the validity of their visitor visa, Tourists are not allowed to work in Canada or study in Canada (except courses with six months length).
The visa office responsible for your country of citizenship will process your visitor visa application. The visa officer who is assigned to your case will assess your eligibility to obtain a Canadian visitor visa. Depending on the purpose of your visit and some other factors, the officer will decide to issue you a single entry or multiple entry visa to Canada.
How long a visitor visa is valid?
In general, the validity of multiple-entry visas is 5 to 10 years. This completely depends on the decision of the visa officer and the supporting documents and letters you have submitted with your visa application.
NOTE: the validity of your visa can not be more than the validity of your passport. For individuals applying from countries such as Iran, the maximum validity of the multiple-entry visitor visa will be 5 years.
How long I can stay in Canada as a tourist?
every time you come for a visit to Canada you can stay for up to 6 months. After these 6 months, you have to leave Canada. If you have multiple entry visas you can come back for a visit again.
NOTE: there is a chance of applying for an extension if you wish and have a reason to stay more than 6 months in Canada.
How can I apply?
The application for a visitor visa can be submitted online and to the responsible visa office for specified for the country of your citizenship.
What are the documents required to apply for a visitor visa?
Depending on your personal situation you may need some or all of the following documents to apply for a Canada visitor visa:
- Passport copy
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Documents to proof the fund available for your trip
- Consent letter from your spouse if you don’t have full custody of your kids.
- Job letters
Who needs to do the biometric for a Canada visa?
Almost every visitor visa applicant needs to provide his/her biometric which includes their picture and fingerprint.
NOTE: the following candidates are exempt from providing their biometrics.
- The US citizens who are transiting through Canada
- Diplomatic individuals who have special status and traveling for work.
- Any applicant who is not between the age of 14 and 79
- US citizens who come to Canada with the work or study permit status
- The applicants who just need an electronic travel authorization (ETA) or the citizens of Visa exam countries.
why your visitor visa application to Canada may be refused:
Sometimes the visa officer refuses to issue an applicant visitor visa. Most of the time one or some of the following will be the reason the officer refuses the application.
- Not having enough travel history
- Not having a secure job in the country of origin
- Not having enough reason to visit Canada.
- Having any sort of criminal background.
- Not providing enough supporting documents to the visa officer.
- Not providing a proper invitation letter.
- Having too much family ties in Canada
- Not having enough family ties in your country of origin
- Not satisfying the visa officer that the applicant will go back to the country of his or her origin after the visit.
The cost of a visitor visa application:
- The biometric fee is $85 plus applicable taxes for each adult over the age of 18 and under 79
- The applications processing fee is $100
If you have legal status in Canada and wish to help any family or friend to get a visitor visa, you can write to them an invitation letter. The invitation letter needs to have all the required information about the person who writes it and the individual who is applying for a Canada visitor visa.
In many cases, the rejection of the visitor visa application happens only because the applicant doesn’t have enough information on how to apply properly for the visa. One rejection for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) can negatively affect your future application.
Contact us today, with a very competitive fee and high success rate, our team will provide you with all the necessary help from one of our specialists in New Chapter Immigration Group to apply for a Canada visitor visa.
Our team will save you plenty of time, money and save you from the rejection due to a lack of knowledge on immigration rules and regulations.
” width=”20″ height=”20″>