Canadian Experience Class Visa
Canadian Experience Class is one of the sub-categories under the Express Entry Program which allows applicants who previously worked in Canada to apply for Canadian PR.
Minimum requirements for Canadian Experience Class Visa :
Have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
- Have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
- Meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) do not count under this program.
Skilled work experience
To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying.
Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount in part-time hours.
There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need
- A Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, OR
- A completed foreign credential, and
- An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by IRCC]. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree.]
- Meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs OR Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs, and
- Take a language test approved by IRCC that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- You must be admissible to Canada. Find out more about inadmissibility.
- You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.