Federal Skilled Worker Program

Canada’s best immigration program to get Canada PR for educated individual is the Federal Skilled Worker Program is. This Economic Immigration Program gives skilled workers, the chance to become permanent residents of Canada. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is an online point-based Program. The process of immigrating to Canada as a federal skilled worker may be considered a two-step application. First, Candidates are assessed according to the federal skilled worker points system.
If the Candidates obtain 67 points out of 100 available points, they will be qualified to apply. The point is based on personal qualifications such as education, age, Language proficiency, work experience, arranged employment and adaptability.
The first step to get PR in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker is to show an interest to immigrate to Canada. Interested applicants can do that by creating an online Express Entry profile.
Based on their qualifications candidates will obtain a  Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) that determines their eligibility to get an Invitation to apply for Canada PR. highest-ranked candidates will be sent an invitation to apply (ITA)
What are the minimum requirements?

  • at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time paid working the past 10 years in occupation under the  National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A or B;
  • Minimum Language Proficiency of (CLB) 7 in English or French in all the skills
  • a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, OR a completed foreign credential, which has an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by IRCC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.

Selection Criteria
Education—————————————————————————————Max 25 Points
Age ———————————————————————————————Max 12 Points
Language Proficiency————————————————————————-Max 28 Points
Work Experience——————————————————————————Max 15 Points
Arranged Employment———————————————————————–Max 10 Points
Adaptability————————————————————————————Max 10 Points
How much is the Visa fees for Federal Skilled Worker Program?
There are different types of fees for candidates who want to go to Canada through FSWP

  • Principal applicant (CA$550 processing fee + CA$490 right of permanent residence fee)


  • Spouse or common-law partner (CA$550 processing fee + CA$490 right of permanent residence fee)                                                                                                        CA$1040
  • Each dependent child of the principal applicant who is under 22                      CA$150

What are the processing times for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?
In most of the cases, Immigration Canada will process Federal Skilled Worker applications in six (6) months or less.
Should I show Settlement Funds?
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada or have an arranged employment in Canada, You need to show a settlement fund in your bank account for yourself and your family.
Do I need Police Certificate (Clearance)?
Applicants and their family members who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate to show their admissibility to Canada.
 Do I need a Medical Exam?
Applicants and their family members need to complete their medical examinations as part of the Canada immigration application process.
For more information about the Federal Skilled Worker Program please contact us . We have one of the best team of immigration consultants and lawyers in Canada. At New Chapter, we are always happy to help you to immigrate to Canada

Add Your Comment

× How can I help you?