What is an Open Work Permit in Canada?
An open work permit will allow you to look for different types of jobs in Canada for any employer you desire. This Work Permit is a type of work permit for which you don’t need a job offer from a specific Canadian Employer to work in Canada. So, to get this type of work permit a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada.
What are the types of Open Work Permits
There are two types of open work permits:
- Unrestricted, which allows foreign nationals to work in any occupation in any location, and
- Restricted, which restricts the occupation or the location on the Work Permit
For example, applicants who have applied under provincial nominee class may be restricted to only work in the province they have applied in.
How much is the Open Work Permit Fees?
The processing fee to get an Open Work Permit is CA$100
Who can apply?
Following candidates are eligible for an open work permit:
- An international student who graduated from one of the Designated Learning Institution in Canada
- A student who is no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
- A candidate who already has a Work Permit in Canada but he or she is being abused in the job in Canada.
- A candidate who already have applied for permanent residency in Canada
- A dependent family member of someone who has an application for permanent residence
- Spouse of a skilled worker or international student
- Spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
- Refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
- If the Candidate is under an unenforceable removal order
- A temporary resident permit holder
- If the Candidate is a young worker participating in special programs
If you are in any of the categories above and you wish to work in any jobs in Canada without restriction, please contact us and book a free 30 min consultation with one of our Immigration Consultants to Assess your eligibility for an Open Work Permit in Canada. Be advised that you must meet certain criteria to be eligible to apply.
” width=”20″ height=”20″>