What is the Federal Skilled Worker Program for skilled jobs
The Federal Skilled Worker Program is Canada’s best immigration program to get Canada PR for skilled workers with experience in different skilled jobs , high level of language proficiency and education. This Economic Immigration Program gives skilled workers, the chance to become permanent residents of Canada. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is an online point-based Program. The process of immigrating to Canada as a federal skilled worker may be considered a two-step application. First, Candidates are assessed according to this program points system.
If the Candidates obtain 67 points out of 100 available points, they will be qualified to apply under this program. The point is based on personal qualifications such as education, age, language proficiency, work experience, arranged employment, and adaptability.
The first step to get PR in Canada through this program is to show an interest to immigrate to Canada. Interested applicants can do that by creating an online Express Entry profile.
Based on their qualifications, candidates will obtain a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) that determines their eligibility to get an Invitation to apply for Canada PR. highest-ranked candidates will be sent an invitation to apply (ITA) after receiving an Invitation to Apply, candidates have 60 days to submit their complete application to Immigration Refugee Canada.
What are the minimum requirements?
- at least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time paid working the past 10 years in occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level 0, A or B;
- Minimum Language Proficiency of (CLB) 7 in English or French in all the skills
- a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree, OR a completed foreign credential, which has an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by IRCC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.
Education—————————————————————————————Max 25 Points
Age ———————————————————————————————Max 12 Points
Language Proficiency————————————————————————-Max 28 Points
Work Experience——————————————————————————Max 15 Points
Arranged Employment———————————————————————–Max 10 Points
Adaptability————————————————————————————Max 10 Points
How much are the Visa processing fees for Federal Skilled Worker Program?
There are different types of fees for candidates with experience in different skilled jobs, who want to go to Canada through FSWP
- Principal applicant (CA$550 processing fee + CA$490 right of permanent residence fee)
- Spouse or common-law partner (CA$550 processing fee + CA$490 right of permanent residence fee) CA$1040
- Each dependent child of the principal applicant who is under 22 CA$150
What are the processing times for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?
In most of the cases, Immigration Canada will process Federal Skilled Worker applications in six (6) months or less.
Should I show Settlement Funds?
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada or have an arranged employment in Canada, You need to show a settlement fund in your bank account for yourself and your family.
Do I need Police Certificate (Clearance)?
Applicants and their family members who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate to show their admissibility to Canada. You need to provide the police certificate for any country you have lived in for more than 6 months in a row.
Do I need a Medical Exam?
Applicants and their family members need to complete their medical examinations as part of the Canada immigration application process.
For more information about the Federal Skilled Worker Program please contact us. We have one of the best team of immigration consultant in Vancouver and immigration lawyers in Canada. At the New Chapter immigration group, we are always happy to help you to immigrate to Canada and achieve your dream of building a better future for you and your family.
We have years of experience in this field which can ensure you the best service. Why wait, give us a call today on Whatsapp on +1-778-847-4825 for a free consultation.