Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs)

Studying in universities in Canada or any other Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) is very important for students who wish to obtain PR in Canada.
To be qualified for Post-Graduation Work Permit the applicant must provide evidence that they have graduated from one of the universities in Canada or one of the following eligible Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs):

  • a public post-secondary institution, such as
    • a college
    • a trade or technical school
    • a university
    • CEGEP (in Quebec)
  • a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions in Quebec
  • a private secondary or post-secondary institution in Quebec offering qualifying programs of 900 hours or longer leading to
    • a diploma of vocational studies (DVS)
    • an attestation of vocational specialization (AVS)
  • a Canadian, private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees, such as an associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree, but only if the student is enrolled in a program of study leading to a degree, as authorized by the province, which may not include all programs of study offered by the private institution

See the Designated Learning Schools DLI list to verify schools’ eligibility.
Designated Learning Schools (DLIs) that lose their designation
Applicants whose DLI loses its designation status before the completion of their program may transfer to another program or remain at the institution that has lost its designation status to complete their program of study. These applicants may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit, provided they meet all other program requirements and have continued to meet the conditions of their study permit (for example, be enrolled and actively pursuing studies).

The Immigration lawyers and Immigration consultants in New Chapter Immigration Group have very strong ties with most of the Universities and colleges in Canada and will help you to obtain your acceptance letter from the School in a very short time, especially if you have a good IELTS score and good grades in your previous studies. We make sure that you can apply for the Post Graduation Work Permit after your studies in Canada.

Fill the Free Assessment Form, contact us by email or phone, and change your future forever.